struts-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Struts Wiki] Trivial Update of "RoughSpots" by Bob Lee
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:50:40 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Bob Lee:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/RoughSpots

  == Nice to haves ==

-   1. Inheritance is a sucky way to reuse code between actions. I've actually had to use
the strategy pattern to swap in different implementations of stuff like `ValidationAware`.
It would be nice if the framework had built-in support for mixins using cglib or Spring. For
example, instead of me extending a class that implements `ValidationAware`, Struts can extend
my action class at runtime and implement the `ValidationAware` methods by delegating them
to another object (a mixin): {{{
+   1. Inheritance is a sucky way to reuse code between actions. I've actually had to use
the strategy pattern to swap in different implementations of stuff like `ValidationAware`.
It would be nice if the framework had built-in support for mixins using cglib or Dynaop. For
example, instead of me extending a class that implements `ValidationAware`, Struts can extend
my action class at runtime and implement the `ValidationAware` methods by delegating them
to another object (a mixin): {{{
  abstract class MyAction implements Validateable, ValidationAware {

    public void validate() {