struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [WebWork2] TODO
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:07:54 GMT
At 9:59 AM -0500 3/27/06, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
>On Mon, March 27, 2006 9:22 am, Joe Germuska said:
>>  I wonder if there's a way to generalize an "API" out of these so that
>>  we are less bound to an implementation.  Certainly, a date picker or
>>  rich text field which ultimately just ends up setting a value of  a
>>  single form field should be not too hard to generalize, although I
>>  haven't looked at all the models for integrating JS widgets into a
>>  page neatly.  I guess there are also issues of triggering the
>>  widgets, etc.
>
>Generalize an API out of GUI widgets?
>
>Where's Craig with the JSF plug when you need him?!? :-) LOL

:)

But what I'm talking about here is a JavaScript API -- basically
something that manages the discovery process for a widget
implementation, like JAXP does for XML parsing and transformation.

maybe i'll float this question on the Dojo list...

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog