struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: [Standalone Tiles] Maybe too much bound to Locale
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:10:31 GMT
Antonio Petrelli ha scritto:
> I've noticed that both DefinitionsFactory and ComponentDefinitions are
> both too (IMHO) tightly bound to the Locale.

I forgot to mention ComponentDefinition (without the 's') and TilesUtilImpl.
In particular TilesUtilImpl.getDefinition has calls to
ServletRequest.getLocale, but since not always the "real" locale is in
request.getLocale (think of Struts) I think this dependency should be
removed.
I replaced the concept of "locale" with "key" (a simple object). I think
that the "key" could be extracted by some sort of configurable "key
provider", something that could be configured at startup. So that the
"default" key provider extracts the "real" locale, the custom key
provider extracts something else...
Just my 2 eurocents
Ciao
Antonio