struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: WebWork renaming strategy
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:55:59 GMT
Michael Jouravlev wrote:
> On 3/24/06, Frank W. Zammetti <fzlists@omnytex.com> wrote:
>> Joe Germuska wrote:
>>> I'm not extremely fond of the number myself.
>>>
>>> Tomcat used "catalina" to denote a major change in direction -- maybe we
>>> could use a name ("ti"?  not sure how I feel about that either).
>> That's not a bad idea either... "ti" as you said makes sense... The
>> other name that has made its rounds might be even better: "clarity"
>
> I hear sarcasm ;)

Not in the least.  It was the name being used, or maybe still is being
used?, for a project in the sandbox.  I think it's a decent name without
any added connotations.

(Of course, it it *does* bring "clarity" of any sort, so much the better)

>> * BABYLON (hey, my favorite show of all time, had to suggest it)
>
> TV B-series
>
> Hey Frank, don't take this personally ;-))

Well, I didn't, until you dare insult the greatest show ever made! :) LOL

(Oh boy, I see another 100+ post thread coming!)

> P.S. I like "saf".

That would actually be my first choice too, and that's why it was the
first suggestion that came to mind.  Simple, to the point, serves the
purpose, seems fairly non-controversial, etc.  I've always had a liking
for code names and such, but in this case, the simplest answer seems the
most likely to get any traction (well, I see Paul likes the a: answer,
and that's two letters simpler!)

> Michael.

Frank

--