struts-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Zoio <philz...@realsolve.co.uk>
Subject Re: announcing Java 5 Struts extension framework + name? + request for help
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:46:04 GMT
Niall

I have looked Beehive although I'm not really familiar with it at all.
However, it does seem that Beehive is at a higher level of abstraction
that the Struts extensions, and also broader in scope. For example, it
has its own tag library as well as some quite new abstractions (such as
PageFlowController).

The struts extensions I've been working on provide a pretty thin layer
over existing Struts abstractions. For example, you still have actions
configured in the struts-config.xml, but these could be POJOs
implementing some application specific interface. Also, there aren't any
new UI components/tags to speak of.

Phil