struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Lowe" <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: taglib cactus
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:23:38 GMT
On 3/25/06, Mark Lowe <melowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/25/06, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/25/06, Mark Lowe <melowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've been running the cactus tests for the tag lib and a get a lot of
> > > errors. I'm not bitching I just want to know what the current state of
> > > play is with the taglibs, and what is expected in terms of test
> > > results?
> > >
> > > If anyone can get me up to speed I'd appeciate it.
> >
> > The Cactus tests for struts-taglib are currently broken.  The last
> > time I remember them working was in mid January.  I'm fairly sure that
> > it was reformatting either the code or the JSPs that caused the
> > problem, but I haven't had time to check further.  There is a bug
> > ticket open with some details of the errors I got the last time I
> > tried it.
> >
> > Patches are welcome, if you can figure out what's wrong with them.
> > And if you're really ambitious, the Cactus tests for Struts EL are
> > also broken, though I've never actually seen those work at all.

I've almost got the whitespace and carriage returns problem fixed,
I'll send in the patches as soon as the tests are working again. I
noticed that perhaps moving the tests to maven 2 could prove a pain.
Is there are particluar direction that the build is going, and have
you any ideas of how the tests can be made more maintainable?

Mark