struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Lowe" <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject html taglib autocomplete
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:17:47 GMT
hello

We've got an app built already in production, and the issue of
autocompletion has come up. For now a simple

window.onload = function() {
   var form = document.forms['formName'];
   form.setAttribute("autocomplete","off");
}

works okay, but patching the taglib to support autocomplete seems a
slightly better idea if it doesn't mean that we'll need to use a
patched version that forks from the main code base (and therefore
updgrading between struts versions will be harder).

I know that autocomplete is a non standard attribute so might not be
accepted as a patch on the taglib. But if it only rendered if
specified then it wouldn't force users to use non standard stuff.

If such a patch is likely to make it into future versions I'll get on it.

Mark