struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Reasons for 1.3 release
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:24:33 GMT
>Can I rephrase the above as: "1.3 is a bugfix + some internal surgery
>release for legacy Struts apps in case you want to perform a mild
>refactoring on them"? Can I also assume that you recommend using
>WebWork / 2.0 for new projects? What is your outlook on future of 1.3
>branch after it released as GA?

The change from Struts 1.x to Struts 2.x is likely to be rather
dramatic, and many people may be more ready to use Struts 1.3, which
should be essentially backwards compatible with Struts 1.2 and
earlier apps than they are to learn a substantially new development
paradigm.

Others will never bother to touch Struts 1.3 and will have already
started using WebWork.  There is a broad spectrum of users out there.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog