struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Reasons for 1.3 release
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 05:19:10 GMT
Craig McClanahan wrote:
> This pattern, of course, can be used today in a Struts 1.x action ... or in
> the "action" equivalent of any other framework too (JSF, WebWork,
> whatever).  And, it's not even web specific ... you can design your whole
> business logic layer out of chains.

Having done this recently in a behavioral analysis application that was
not web-based, I know exactly what your saying.  I can't tell you how
thrilled the business was in a meeting a few weeks ago when they said
"well, what happens when we want to add a rule between C and D in this
processing flow" and I was able to do it in about 1 minute right before
their eyes.  They flipped!  CoR makes that flexibility very easy to do.

> Craig

Frank