struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle (was svn commit: r360442 [1/3] )
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 05:24:30 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> Frank W. Zammetti <fzlists@omnytex.com> wrote:
>> I haven't been able to get Jalopy to cooperate in the least.  A big part
>> of it is that the documentation leaves a great deal to be desired in
>> explaining how to configure it,
>
> I have the same problem with the documentation.  Is the XML config
> universal, or is that only for the Maven plugin?

AFAICT, the XML config is universal... it should work for any Jalopy
plug-in in any IDE, build tool or what have you.

The other problem I faced when I was still looking at this is that there
seems to be some substantial differences in the config format from one
version of Jalopy to the next.  I may be wrong about that, I could have
gotten that impression incorrectly, but it did look to be the case.
Because of this, when I finally did get one plug-in or another to
generate a baseline rules file, it didn't work with the other plug-in
because of a version difference.

> As a starting point, the default config file that comes with the Maven
> Jalopy Plugin is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/build/trunk/jalopy_struts.xml

At one point I think you pointed me at that (or I found it on my own)
and I tried to use it as a baseline... that's when Jalopy didn't seem to
be making changes that it should have (or that I at least *thought* it
should be making) and that's when I kind of gave up on it... that was
also about the time it was starting to sound like everyone was happy
with letting IDEA do it anyway, so I didn't explore this any further.

> Wendy

Frank