struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reasons for 1.3 release
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:00:03 GMT
>>I think CoR is a great pattern, I've used it with great success, but I'm
not as sure how it fits into Struts *outside* the composable RP, which is
a *perfect* application for it.  Just curious how you (and/or others) are
already using it.

This is my opinion too. I think the CoR is made for the Struts internal processing only but
some
people are testing it out, as Ted said and Martin admitted to, as an end point for action
processing.
>From my perspective, it's clear what the intention of CoR is by its design and use, but
since it
was never explicitly spelled out how it is used in Struts, I have to defer to other opinions
too.
But unless I am wrong, I think it's strongly geared towards the RP and not actions.

That's why I said, ActionContext should be InternalActionContext. If Struts 1.4+ is going
to have
actions without a subclass or interface, you want a method signature like: public void
execute(ActionContext cxt);

Paul