struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Confirm the Struts Action Library 1.3.0 release plan
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 04:13:45 GMT
>> But I noticed the ActionContext is mainly for the request processor and looks like
it contains
TOO much data that would never be exposed to an action class to use.

I may have misunderstood but I'd like for someone to clarify.....

I find it very strange that the ActionContext would allow a command to *set* the action,
cancelled, exception, form valid, forward config, messages resources, and module config. As
I said
before, these are all controller related issues. Is it the intention of the Struts commiters
make a Command something like a new Action that should be used instead? Or are you expecting
commands to be created solely for the request processor chain?

If it is the second, then I stand by my suggestion that ActionContext should be renamed to
reserve
the name (ProcessorActionContext?) for the day when you want actions to receive an ActionContext
like WebWork. It just contains too many internal properties you don't want a client to be
able to
mess around with.

Paul