struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r372715 - /struts/shale/trunk/build/test-framework/project.xml
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 04:05:25 GMT

> I can see why these two have to be declared, since the Shale code directly
> depends on them.  But HtmlUnit itself ships with a bunch of other jars that
> it requires at runtime.  Do these have to be declared also, or are they
> picked up transitively from whatever the htmlunit pom entry says?

As you noted, I just added enough to get the test framework classes to
compile.  Maven 1 doesn't have transitive dependencies, so anyone who
is using HtmlUnit would have to declare it and all of its dependencies
in his own project.xml file.

(The Maven 2 pom will list HtmlUnit as an optional dependency, which
will prevent it from being transitive.  Again, the user would declare
it if he wants it, at which point m2's transitive dependency mechanism
would kick in.)

--
Wendy