struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.0 Release - Next Steps
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:00:58 GMT
On 1/12/06, Ted Husted <ted.husted@gmail.com> wrote:

> We might be talking past each other.
> The package I'm talking about is here:
> * http://struts.apache.org/struts-extras/apidocs/index.html
> org.apache.struts.plugins.resources
>
> AFAIK, this is the only package with a dependency on Commons
> Resources. I'd check ow to be sure,

Confirmed.  The only class I can find that imports from
oa.commons.resources is oas.plugins.resources.CommonsResources, which
is in struts-extras.jar.

(And the only project.xml file that declares a dependency on
struts-extras is the one in apps, but since it does not also declare a
dependency on commons-resources, it must be using something else in
struts-extras.)

> I was thinking that if pull
> "org.apache.struts.plugins.resources" from the 1.3.0 release, then we
> eliminate the Commons Resources dependency, and we could post an
> initial release. Once Commons Resources is sorted out, we could add it
> back and roll another Extras.

Okay.  If I don't hear any objections to this today, I'll move that
package to sandbox/extras this evening.

> I'm on my way to the NE JUG
> right now. (Pre-registration are at 357.)

Have fun!

--
Wendy