struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Struts Action Framework tagline
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:43:05 GMT
> Hey, credit where credit's due... Al *INVENTED* the Internet! ;) LOL
>
> (You had a mailreader in the BBS days?!?  I remember lame little forums in
> CNet over a 300 baud moden via CGTerm, and I was happy to have it!)

Though, I wasn't glad for the phone bills that went with it :)

I do remember when Tim Berners-Lee invented the WWW. Back around
1989/1990, there was an article circulating the BBS networks about
"hooking all the world's computers together into a world wide web". At
the time, I thought it was lunatic fringe, but I dutifully forwarded
the message along to a hypertext forum I managed, and then along to
the rest of the Fidonet background. At first, the SGML mavens in our
group dissed HTML as amateurish. A year later, they were giving lofty
advice :)

-Ted.