struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revolutions (was Re: Non-discussion emails)
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:31:17 GMT
On 1/18/06, Patrick Lightbody <forum-struts-dev@opensymphony.com> wrote:

> Sure, that is the standard open source way. It usually works great.
>
> I'm just confused. I thought that everything had to be blessed, endorsed,
> and signed off by the gods/lawyers/infrastructure folks of Apache. If most
> of the people working on Struts Action prefer Confluence and JIRA, is there
> anything stopping us from asking Contegix to set them up?

I may be mistaken, but AFAIK, Ted is the only person advocating the use of
Confluence. (Well, until you got here, that is. ;) He's certainly the one
who keeps bringing it up. The rest of us are happy enough to stick to the
wiki that the ASF has set up and supports.

As for JIRA, there are a few who object on the basis that it's not open
source, while others would be happy to move to it. Personally, I'd be happy
to move to the ASF JIRA instance, but I'm not in favour of moving to a bug
tracking installation that's outside the ASF.

--
Martin Cooper

How about taking that further? What is stopping me from making a new forum