struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shale] Overall requirements for "remoting" feature
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 04:41:24 GMT
On 12/27/05, netsql <netsql@pointcast.com> wrote:

> also this can teach a bit, w/supporting classes. I have no idea what 2.0
>

> http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/1.2.x/api/org/springframework/remoting/support/RemoteInvocation.html

This is the "Java Geek" approach to dynamic method invocation, complete with
support for aspect oriented programming.  Personally, I'm betting that there
are lots of folks that will find method binding expressions like "#{foo.bar}"
to be much easier to understand -- and, thanks to the extensibility of the
expression evaluation mechanism, you don't have to give up on AOP if that's
your favorite technology.  Let your geeks add that sort of capability to the
expression evaluation machinery, without making the poor page author (who
simply wants to bind an AJAX request to some method that produces the
response) need to understand the nitty gritty details of the mechanisms
involved.

.V

Craig