struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Rename Struts Ti to Struts Action 2.0 Proposal, keep Ti as code name
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:13:52 GMT
On 12/21/05, Joe Germuska <Joe@germuska.com> wrote:

> At 11:36 AM -0800 12/21/05, Don Brown wrote:
> >As we discovered further at ApacheCon this year, there is a lot of
> >confusion as to what Struts is and where it is going.  The story
> >that I think we are all in agreement is Struts has two separate but
> >equal frameworks - Action and Shale.  To avoid further confusion, I
> >propose we rename Struts Ti to Struts Action 2.0 Proposal, while
> >keeping the Ti as the code name.  I think we should be clear that Ti
> >is not some "third" framework, but a candidate for Action 2.0.
> >
> >This proposal involves:
> >- Renaming the package from org.apache.ti to org.apache.action
>
> is this right?  org.apache.action ?
>
> shouldn't struts be in there somewhere?

This would be in line with the "two frameworks" approach (action based and
component based) we've been evolving -- and would be consistent with the
fact that Shale currently uses "org.apache.shale".  An alternative would be
to use "org.apache.struts.action" and "org.apache.struts.shale" ... but the
former is going to have unfortunate interactions with existing Struts 1.xcode.

this seems to be a little at odds with some previously stated
> explanations of how the "one true Struts 2.0" will emerge, but
> frankly, I'm not sure I think that's a problem.

Joe

Craig