struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Struts Shale 1.0.0 Quality
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:35:38 GMT
After completing the required steps in the Struts Shale 1.0.0 release plan:

  http://wiki.apache.org/struts/ShaleRelease100

and after a positive vote affirming the plan itself (11 +1s, including 6
from PMC members), I have built, tagged, and deployed the Struts Shale
1.0.0build.  It is available at:

  http://svn.apache.org/dist/struts/shale/v1.0.0/

including signatures (to be verified against <
http://www.apache.org/dist/struts/KEYS>) and md5 checksums.

Once you have had a chance to assess to quality of this build, please
respond with a vote on the quality:

[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Only the votes of Struts PMC members are binding, however we value the
opinions of the Struts community and welcome non PMC member votes.

My vote is for Alpha quality, for two reasons:

* Dependence on an unreleased component snapshot (Standalone Tiles)

* Initial release of Shale, which needs more exposure and testing
  before we firmly commit to the APIs and functionality.

* Incomplete unit test suites.

I expect to see several additional test builds of Shale released (adding
functionality, fixing bugs, and improving documentation and tests) before a
build gets proposed for beta or GA quality.

Craig McClanahan