struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Milestones proposal: Step 1
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:00:58 GMT
On 11/30/05, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:

> I take it the "Target tickets to milestones" proposal passed, and thanks
> for all the feedback.  As the first step, could Martin or Craig please
> make the following Bugzilla changes:
>
> Milestone changes
>   - Remove all "Family" milestones
>   - Rename "(.*) Milestone" to \1 (redundant w/o the family ones)
>   - Add milestones: 1.2.7, 1.2.8, 1.2.9, 1.0.0, 1.0.2, 0.9
>
> Component changes
>   - Rename the BSF component to Scripting
>   - Add "Action" component
>   - Remove the following components and move their bugs to Action:
> Controller, Validator Framework, Digester, Documentation, File Upload,
> Test, Utilities and move their bugs to Action component
>   - Rename the Custom Tags to Taglibs
>   - Remove EL and move to Taglibs
>   - Rename Examples as Apps
>   - Rename Standard Actions to Extras
>   - Rename Struts Flow to Flow
>   - Rename Struts-Faces Library to Faces
>   - Rename Tiles framework to Tiles
>
> I think these changes will make Bugzilla match our project better, and
> the milestones, since they have to be shared between all subprojects,
> will probably grow quickly with time.  Next, I'll start going through
> closed tickets and marking them against milestones.  Help of course is
> appreciated.

+1 on the changes in general, and thanks to Martin for being willing to do
the grunt work involved.

Regarding milestones, I kinda like the "TBD" label that Sean mentioned is
used in MyFaces for stuff that is "yah, we probably want to do this, but
don't know quite yet at this point." -- that seems to give correct
implications that the ticket has been accepted (versus rejected as WONTFIX),
but is not yet integrated into the schedule.

Thanks,

> Don

Craig