struts-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Poitras <alexandre.poit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Dialogs and Convention over Configuration
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:17:47 GMT
Cool! That's what I wanted to know. I was thinking about those xml
limitations too.
But since I'm not familiar with JCR I was wondering if it was a great
choice. Look promising.
I'm eager to see your results. Good luck!

On 12/29/05, hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no <hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no> wrote:
> Hi
>
> As I mentioned I am writing a "Property Management System". This is actually a port of
a Struts/Commons Configuration(CC) application that I wrote some time ago. I have been using
CC since it's early beta stages so I'm quite familiar with it. There are a number of issues
with CC, one being the xml plugin. It does a nasty job of reading anything but simple xml
structures. One of the things that I like about Jackrabbit is that it is actually quite "thin",
and I get to choose my persistance layer (XML, DB, what have you..). Also the fact that I
can do automatic versioning is a nice feature. And not to metion that it comes with Tag library,
so that I can display information quite easily in a jsp page.

> As I mentioned, I am going to look into it for the Shale/Clay configuration after I have
ported my application. By then I'll know if it is overkill or not.

> Hermod

System" for our Internet application architecture which you might say is a simpler? form of
the discussed configuration control, using Jackrabbit. I plan to take what I learn from this
and then try to apply that into a configuration control for Shale/Clay. I'll get back to you
when that time comes.

> > Hermod

I need
> > to take a look at jackrabbit so I can ask better questions.
> >
> > If this is an itch you need to scratch, I'll help out in the refactoring.  This
type of integration
> > might give Clay a new facet for not only creating reusable view fragments but
> > also providing a interface to manage them within the product life-cycle.
> >

> > Gary
> >
> > > Hermod

> > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> >
> > This email with attachments is solely for the use of the individual or
> > entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
> > cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
> > customers as a part of an email.
> >
> > This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
> > in the DnB NOR Group.

> --
> Alexandre Poitras
> Québec, Canada