struts-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Poitras <alexandre.poit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Dialogs and Convention over Configuration
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:11:35 GMT
Hey I like the idea of using Jackrabbit for configuration management
but if you do not need version control and security, isn't it a little
bit overkill? I mean why not use commons configuration then? We have
been using it in my corporation to manage environment properties on
the different servers and I have to say it's quite simple. There are
still some issues but I can't see why Jackrabbit would be a better
solution. Seems a bit too heavy for configuration use but I could be
wrong.

What do you think?

On 12/28/05, hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no <hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Back and reading mails instead of gift stickers :).
>
> I am going to dive into this pretty soon. I am currently building a "Property Management
System" for our Internet application architecture which you might say is a simpler? form of
the discussed configuration control, using Jackrabbit. I plan to take what I learn from this
and then try to apply that into a configuration control for Shale/Clay. I'll get back to you
when that time comes.

> Hermod

Alexandre Poitras
Qu├ębec, Canada