struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject html:link broken (Re: Problems in the example apps)
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:49:27 GMT
I haven't been able to replicate the Cookbook issue, but a reference
to the default module from the html:link tag is broken in the nightly
build.

I've been helping out with the infrastructure, but it's been a very
long time since I've worked with JSP tags. Is anyone available to look
at this problem? At this point, I would have to consider it a
showstopper for any type of 1.3.0 distribution.

As mentioned in Wendy's report, trying to refer to the default module
from a link tag, using iether "/" or "" exposes

> javax.servlet.ServletException: Module '/' not found.

The Exercises html-lnk page passes in 1.2.8 but fails in the nightly build.

-Ted.

> I'm having a couple of problems with the examples.  Before I open bug
> tickets I thought I'd see if anyone can confirm and/or spot an easy
> fix.
>
> =============================
>
> http://localhost:8080/struts-cookbook/
>  -> 'Bean Tags' link ->
> http://localhost:8080/struts-cookbook/prepareBean.do?param1=Test1&param2=Test2
>
> result:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: No header Accept-Encoding was included
> in this request
>         org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:271)
>         org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1938)
>         org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:430)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> ========================
>
> http://localhost:8080/struts-examples/exercise/welcome.do
> -> Use an ActionForward to redirect another path ("/html-link.do") ->
> http://localhost:8080/struts-examples/exercise/html-link.do
>
> result:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Module '/' not found.
>         org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:271)
>         org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1938)
>         org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:430)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Wendy

HTH, Ted.