struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts Core Library versioning (was: Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsClassicRelease130" by TedHusted)
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 03:13:59 GMT
> I like the new name, but have reservations about starting with version 1.0.0.
>
> I know this is the first ever "Struts Core Library", but to most
> people it's just Struts, and Struts already had a 1.0 release.
>
> Yes, it's a marketing thing. :)  How about Struts Core Library 1.3.0 ?

I started to do that, but the idea was to also include the new
subprojects, like Scripting and Flow and Faces, which would start at a
1.0.0 release. It seemed consistant to start with 1.0.0.

And, it's *VERY* important that people realize that Struts Core
LIbrary is *not* a product, it's a distribution of products, like a
Linux distribution. That was already becoming a problem with the
Struts Classic moniker.

Perhaps we don't want to number the disitributions. Maybe we should
just date them, like a nighly build.

* struts-core-library-20051102.zip

-Ted.