struts-dev mailing list archives

From Hubert Rabago <hrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r332894 - in /struts: build/trunk/project.xml core/trunk/src/java/org/apache/struts/action/DynaActionFormClass.java core/trunk/xdocs/userGuide/building_controller.xml
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:29:52 GMT
> New Revision: 332894
>
>      <dependency>
> +      <groupId>cglib</groupId>
> +      <artifactId>cglib-nodep</artifactId>
> +      <version>2.1_3</version>
> +      <url>http://cglib.sourceforge.net/</url>
> +      <properties>
> +        <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
> +      </properties>
> +    </dependency>

I apologize as well for only commenting now.  I didn't realize an
agreement had already been made to add a new dependency to support
this feature.

Given the size of the new dependency, can this be made configurable so
that only the users who want to use this feature be required to add
the 276k jar?  After all, the original reason for the enhancement was
to support "reusable components that must access form beans".  IMO,
this would really limit the audience that this feature targets.

Hubert