struts-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <>
Subject Re: Struts Core Library versioning
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:58:22 GMT
On 11/3/05, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:
> After five years, the concept of Struts as a product is not going to
> go away so easily.
> Whether we call it 'Classic' or 'Core Library' or something else,  I
> really think it needs to have 1.3 in the name and contain the 1.3.x
> versions of the sub-projects that make up what people think of as
> "Struts" (plus any new additions that come along.)
> What about versioning as 1.3_01 and just sequentially number them as
> 'builds' of Struts Core Library 1.3?  As Craig mentioned, we're
> stating that this particular combination of sub-project versions is
> known to work together.

Personally I prefer the "classic" name. Whatever we choose to label it
though, I think using "core" to label a download that includes several
sub-projects is going to create confusion with the "core" sub-project.

Also I agree with Wendy/Craig about version numbers - we need them for
any download and I think not having them or using dates is a bad idea.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message