struts-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <l...@reddin.org>
Subject Re: [Standalone Tiles] Tiles Refactoring Part 2
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:33:00 GMT

On Oct 6, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Cedric Dumoulin wrote:

>  But be care, there is some not so often used API that are used by
> some companies. I hope these APIs will remain. I think of :
>  - the possibility to provide another implementation for tiles
> factory (use of a DB ...)
>  - the i18n mechanism to load alternative definition files
>  - ... (I need to dig into the code to remember :-) )

Yes, I consider these core features and will not remove them.
However some of the APIs have changed a bit.  For example
DefinitionsFactory was both a "factory" and a "container".  I split
those two concerns into separate components, DefinitionsFactory and
ComponentDefinitions, respectively.

>  I keep an eye on the struts dev list, and I try to follow all
> threads about Tiles. So, feel free to ask me more specific
> questions if you need, either on the list or directly.

Very good.  I'm glad you're still around.  I may need your expertise
along the way :-)

Greg