struts-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <l...@reddin.org>
Subject Re: [Tiles] Resolving inheritances improvements
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:36:47 GMT
On Oct 10, 2005, at 4:16 AM, <brenmcguire@tariffenet.it>
<brenmcguire@tariffenet.it> wrote:

> As you can see, I need ANOTHER METHOD (just because "extend" method is
> indeed useful) that puts only missing definitions, without
> overriding the
> already present ones.

Ok, I may have misunderstood.  I thought you were saying that the
following setup doesn't work:

File: tiles-defs1.xml

<definition name="parent" ...>
</definition>

File: tiles-defs2.xml

<definition name="child" extends="parent" ...>
</definition>

I thought you were saying "child" would not be able to extend
"parent" because they exist in different files.  I *think* this
feature exists, but I'd have to verify it.  So are you simply asking
for a performance improvement?  IOW, your addMissingDefinitions
method would only update definitions that have not already been added?

Greg