struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject RE: Struts class diagram
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:49:17 GMT
On Mon, October 31, 2005 2:08 am, Thor Kristensen said:
> I realize that this should be an automized task (always keeping diagrams
> up-to-date), but it would be perfect if the diagrams were rendered, in the
> browser, as "clickable" links, thus clicking on the package-only diagram,
> would link to the diagram of that specific package.

That's actually a really good idea, but I'm not sure, can you have image
maps in javadocs?  I can't remember the last time I did an image map, I'm
not even sure I remember how they work :)

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this that will be easily
reproducible in the future and meet the criteria we're discussing... doing
it at the package level (with the package relation diagram you mentioned,
good suggestino!), small file size (I'm thinking 50k max, trying for about
half that) and in a vertical orientation (i.e., max width of about 700-800
pixels).  I'm OK with PNG too by the way.  I don't mind doing two
versions, a more "plain" one and one with more details, but frankly if I
can get all the details in and still meet the other goals, that's less
work and so that would be my first goal.

In the end though, I'm *NOT* signing up to do this by hand :)  If I can
coerce one of the tools I have to spit something out automatically that
doesn't require more than a few minutes of touch-up afterwards, then life
is good.  If I can't, then someone else can volunteer. :)

Heh, I wonder if there's a Maven plug-in for this yet it?  Seems like
something that would fit in with its toolset rather well.

> Regards
>   Thor

Frank