struts-dev mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <james.l.mitch...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [ti] Status Matrix
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:09:48 GMT
I don't know the extent of the process you are talking about, but I
wouldn't recommend using Maven for it.  Ant makes the most sense, since:
  a) it is *the* most widely supported build tool,
  b) all major IDEs already have fairly advanced support for it,
  c) Maven 1.0.2 uses it under the covers anyway.
  d) Ant is more scripting based (you 'script' your build) as
     opposed to Maven, which is more of a 'project based' tool
     (You describe your project and it does the rest of the magic)

Although I can't imagine this really being any more difficult to do
than what we already do with XDoclet, right?

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance