struts-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Maven build update
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:13:56 GMT
James Mitchell wrote:

> You should be able to make Maven happy without actually changing the
> Shale directories, you could do all of this in a separate directory
> structure.  This structure would have nothing in it besides the Maven
> build files.
>
> Basically what I'm getting at is a way to make everyone happy.  To  keep
> the file structure the same, yet make maven's multiproject
> (maven:reactor) happy.

This makes perfect sense... at least at this point, before I've actually
tried it.  :)  So, don't spend too much time on an example-- when I have a
chance I'll move the build files around, add the few new ones, and see what
happens.

(It also has interesting possibilities for "trying out" a Maven2 build,
because the files are completely separate.)

Thanks,
--
Wendy