struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on Checkstyle stuff
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:06:01 GMT
> Perhaps I can make an offer here...
>
> At some point, I imagine, you guys (the committers) are all going to agree
> that the code is stable and ready for release.  How about if at that
> point, whenever it is, someone drops me a line and says "ok, have at it
> with the Checkstyle stuff", and give me maybe a week let's say.  Then I
> can probably eliminate most or perhaps all of them in one shot, and that
> might be easier to verify nothing gets broken in the process too.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

What happens is the release manager rolls a distribution, and then the
PMC decides if it is fit to release.

For the 1.3.x series, the issue would be the patches. Before making
any (more) drastic changes to the code, we should either apply to
decide not to apply any outstanding patches. There's a link to the
tickets with known patches on the RoadMap page,

* http://struts.apache.org/roadmap.html

-Ted.