struts-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Ant vs. Maven - convince me! :)
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:57:45 GMT
> * People who have played with it, but have not done anything serious and
> therefore do not understand the payoff.

I am in this category.  No shame in admitting that.  I'd like more
information on what Maven fans think is so great about Maven.

Fully investigating a new technology takes time and energy away from
other tasks.  So its only natural to ask those who are familiar with
the new technology to highlight the perceived advantages.  If Maven
doesn't address anything that I perceive to be a problem then why
would I switch?

The key is to be open-minded about whether there is a better way to do
something.  If there is a superior way to do something, I am open to a
switch (or at least investigating a switch.)  But before I spend the
time converting several of my projects to Maven to see if its better,
lets hear a *few* (not all) of the reasons to do it.