struts-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsTi/JspTags" by DonBrown
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:13:11 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by DonBrown:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsTi/JspTags

New page:
#format wiki
#language en
= JSP Taglibs =

Admittedly, this is the area I'm the least knowlegable, however, I'd like to throw out there
adopting at least the approach taken by WebWork2 for HTML taglibs.

http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/wikidocs/JSP%20Tags.html

Rather than generating the HTML directly in the taglib, they delegate that to Velocity templates,
allowing the user to have complete control over the output of the JSP tag.  What about using
that approach as our default, yet somehow allowing for a pure Java version if performance
becomes an issue?