struts-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13" by JoeGermuska
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:55:30 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JoeGermuska:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13

The comment on the change is:
Adapted Frank's comment in an attempt to answer it.

  ||http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles||http://struts.apache.org/tags-tiles||

  ----
+ Some users who were not using the Struts taglibs or tiles have reported success with simply
"dropping-in" the Struts 1.3 "core" JAR and Commons Chain 1.0.  This is unlikely to work if
you have not been keeping up with deprecation warnings, as many deprecated methods and classes
are being completely removed with the Struts 1.3.0 release.  ('''note:''' we should keep an
explicit list, either here or in the change log)

- Remember to add commons-chain.jar to your WEB-INF/lib directory (or to your app-accessible
classpath otherwise)!  I was able to drop 1.3 into a simple Struts app that wasn't using any
taglibs, EL or Tiles, and the only problem I had was in forgetting to add commons-chain.jar.
 Open question: is this still required if you DON'T use the ComposableRequestProcessor?
+ Note that even if you explicitly specify in the struts-config.xml that you want to use the
original RequestProcessor rather than the ComposableRequestProcessor, you still must add Commons
Chain to your webapp's classpath, as the chain initialization code currently lives in the
ActionServlet.  This architecture is open to discussion, but as it is currently, you need
Commons Chain in your webapp even if you don't use the ComposableRequestProcessor.
+

  ----