struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 03:47:24 GMT
On 7/11/05, Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the version under sandbox is the standalone Tiles that David
> Geary just finished.  I haven't been following the discussions as to
> where it should go, but that is what it is.  I built it and used with
> Shale.  Looks good.

This (sandbox/tiles) is indeed the version that is independent of the
Struts core.  Martin pointed out a bunch of TODOs in a previous thread
that still need to be dealt with (including applying some patches that
went in to the 1.2 version of Tiles that is integrated with Struts),
and there are likely some additional issues yet to be discovered, but
this code does indeed work without Struts 1.x in the classpath.

Craig