struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Configuring TilesViewHandler
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:44:16 GMT
On 7/7/05, David Geary <sabreware@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Le 05-07-06 à 21:38, Andy Freeman a écrit :
> > Again, will the Shale Tiles integration make it this easy to layout
> > pages?  I am sure there is a bit of web.xml configuration to do and I
> > am okay with that, but looking at the sample ASP.NET code, I hope it
> > is not a lot.  I think this is simply too powerful of a concept to not
> > have an equivalent on the Java side.
>
> There's no web.xml configuration if you use Shale's Tiles
> integration. shale-tiles.jar
> contains a META-INF/web.xml file that declares the Tiles servlet.

Oh how I wish that (META-INF/web.xml) actually worked, but it doesn't
actually :-).

The shale-tiles jar does have a META-INF/faces-config.xml file in it,
to declare the custom ViewHandler implementation (so there's nothing
extra to do from the JSF viewpoint), but you do indeed have to
configure the TilesServlet in your application's web.xml, as well as
tell it the definition files to use.

Craig