struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google SiteSearch for Struts (was Re: svn commit: r219597)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:10:03 GMT
Adsense has been discussed recently, and the response was negative.
Many ASF members are strongly opposed to any inline advertising on our
sites.

But, what you are suggesting might be OK, since the result page is not
on our site per-se.

You can try to followup with a post to fundraising@, but be sure to
use your Apache account, since it's a restricted list. The last I
knew, they were only letting ASF members subscribe, but, hopefuly, the
moderator would let an earnest post through.

In related news, we did have a grant from Google's AdWords program
(the other end of the stick). Originally, it was going to go through
mid-July. I'm not sure of the status. The point of AdWords would be to
increase our page rank on searches, but I don't think we much care
about that.

-Ted.