struts-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [shale] Configuring TilesViewHandler
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:18:58 GMT
Sorry, accidentaly sent to the myfaces dev list (instead of struts-dev.)

sean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Schofield <sean.schofield@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 6, 2005 2:18 PM
Subject: [shale] Configuring TilesViewHandler
To: MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org>

First off.  Thanks to David for committing his Tiles stuf.  We've been
waiting for that for a while now ;-)

I'm wondering how I can configure Shale and Tiles to work together.  I
know there will probably be examples, blogs, etc. forthcoming but a
quick hint might help me get jumpstarted.  Its actually a general JSF
question.

How can you configure *multiple* view controllers for a JSF
application?  I know you can use

<application>
    <view-handler> org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleViewHandler</view-handler>
</application>

This is the feature in JSF that allows you to decorate the default
ViewController.  But how do you use the ShaleViewHandler and
TilesViewHandler together?  Can you specify multiple <viewhandler>
elements or is there some other trick?

TIA,

sean