struts-dev mailing list archives

From "James Holmes" <ja...@jamesholmes.com>
Subject RE: Initial checkin of standalone Tiles
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:24:38 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 4:04 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Initial checkin of standalone Tiles

On 6/15/05, James Holmes <james@jamesholmes.com> wrote:
> I'm with Martin and Niall.

Having looked at this some more, I agree as well, and I'm willing to
do the work.  The proposed plan is to:

* "svn mv" the current contents of "sandbox/tiles" to someplace archival
  until the remaining steps are complete.

* "svn copy" to establish the initial code base for "sandbox/tiles" from the
  trunk version of "tiles" (i.e. the latest and greatest version that is
used
  in development releases of Struts).

* Refactor the package names, taking into account the feedback above.
  In particular:
  - Base package name will be "org.apache.tiles".
  - Tag library classes will be "org.apache.tiles.taglib"
  - Any utility classes that are needed from Struts
    will be "svn copy"d into "org.apache.tiles.util".

* Add in appropriate versions of the old DTDs so that validating the
definitions
  file does not attempt to access the Internet.

* Establish a new (version 1.2) DTD so that standalone Tiles can diverge
  in the future if it needs to, without messing up the DTDs used for 1.0 and
1.1
  based applications.

* When all is well, get rid of the previously archived version
  of "sandbox/tiles".

Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Craig

> James