struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working in /current/core/doc
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:34:09 GMT
On 7/16/05, Wendy Smoak <java@wendysmoak.com> wrote:
> I'm working in /current/core/doc ... somehow I don't think I have any
> competition. ;)
>
> I do have a question about line endings, though.
>
> Is anyone else using command-line svn with Cygwin (under Windows)?  If so,
> do I need to touch ~/.subversion/config ?  This
> http://apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn seems to say yes, but
> it's also talking about adding a file, not a revision.

I'm using TortoiseSVN rather than Cygwin, but the same thing applies.
The auto-props need to be set when you're adding new files, but
pre-existing files should already have the correct properties set.
Here's the section from my SVN config file:

[auto-props]
*.java = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.jsp = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.css = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.htm = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.html = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.xml = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.xsl = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.dtd = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL
*.properties = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL

You can just paste the above at the end of your own config file, if
you don't yet have an auto-props section.

Hope that helps.

--
Martin Cooper