struts-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject proposal : weekly / snapshot / milestone builds
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 07:49:59 GMT

Hello,

as a Struts user, I'd like to test Struts 1.3-dev. The current build
process based on "nightly builds", but IMHO it is too "fine-grained" for
lot's of user.

Eclipse uses "Milestones" to drop technology preview and get users
feedback. It would be great to get such previews from struts dev team.
This could simply consist on marking a nightly as "struts-1.3.0-Mx" when
any commiter consider it to include significant updates.

I don't expect such Milestones to have any test/release lifecycle, just
to deliver easy and attractive access to in-development Struts. Such
milestones may be annonced only on developper list, to avoid users to
consider them as "alpha", and warning this milestones beeing technology
preview without any garanty.

Nico.