struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LookupDispatchAction question
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 17:12:49 GMT
I assume that you know that you can specify your ActionForward in your
Action's methods, e.g. return new ActionForward("myPage");?  You can
also specify all sorts of forwards in the mapping for success,
failure, etc.  Just do this instead for update, delete, etc. with the
CRUD formula.  You would be better, in my opinion, to jettison the
bloat in LookupDispatchAction for one of the solutions at
www.michaelmcgrady.com, my doppleganger.  ///;-)

Jack

On 5/4/05, Tom Viers <tomv@pubpress.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using a LookupDispatchAction to consolidate CRUD actions for a
> particular element in my application.
> As far a I can tell, only one input can be specified for this lookup
> action.
>
> Is there a way to dynamically specify the input forward based on which
> action method was dispatched?
>
> I have tried calling setInput() on the mapping, but an
> IllegalStateException is thrown "Configuration is frozen".
>
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> Tom
>
> Tom Viers
> PICA Programming Team