struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: LookupDispatchAction question
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 16:00:37 GMT
This is actually a question better suited for the user list (in fact,
a question similar came up last week!)

You've run into the real problem, which is that your code can't
change an existing ActionConfig -- these are shared, so you'd have
all kinds of synchronization issues in a multi-threaded servlet
environment.

You may be able to apply the wildcard mapping:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html#action_mapping_wildcards
The wildcard matching creates an instantaneous copy of the matched
ActionConfig and populates values by doing match replacements, which
would probably handle your case.

Hope that helps,
	Joe

At 11:33 AM -0400 5/4/05, Tom Viers wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am using a LookupDispatchAction to consolidate CRUD actions for a
>particular element in my application.
>As far a I can tell, only one input can be specified for this lookup
>action.
>
>Is there a way to dynamically specify the input forward based on which
>action method was dispatched?
>
>I have tried calling setInput() on the mapping, but an
>IllegalStateException is thrown "Configuration is frozen".
>
>Thanks in advance for the help,
>Tom
>

>Tom Viers
>PICA Programming Team