struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: How to contribute ?
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 17:31:16 GMT
At 10:49 AM +0200 5/2/05, Jean Parpaillon wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm using Struts for some times and I would like to submit a patch for a
>bug in the tiles part of Struts. I RTFM but I have some questions :
>- When I execute maven in struts tiles, it tries to download
>struts-core-dev-1.3.0.jar which does not exist. How can I build it from
>struts-core, or another part of struts.
>- Can I have a jar for each part of struts (el, core, tiles, etc...) ?
>- If I can't, I have to build every part of struts, haven't I ?

Because there have been no releases of 1.3.x components, right now
the easiest way to build Struts from SVN source is to change to
thecurrent/build directory and execute "maven build-all"  This will
build all of the current Struts components and install them to your
local Maven repository as "struts-xxx-1.3.0-dev.jar"

Once you've done that, you could then build individual components
without repeating the process, as long as they don't depend on
changes in other components.

Once we've cut releases, I assume we'll mostly try to shift the
dependencies to released versions instead of the "dev" versions, and
then in most cases you won't have to do the build-all.  It seems
inevitable, though that we will occasionally have interdependencies
based on unreleased code -- we'll either have to revert to what we're
doing now (selectively) or perhaps consider using Maven's SNAPSHOT
pseudo-versions.

Hope this helps
	Joe

--