struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Struts Release - contrib missing
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 23:29:48 GMT
The last "ga" Struts release (i.e. version 1.2.4) was done from CVS and the
contents of the "contrib" folder were shipped in the source distribution.
Since then we have moved to SVN and re-organised the repository and the only
thing now included in the 1.2.x source distribution are the "el tags".

Since I haven't used anything from "contrib" I'm pretty neutral about
including any of it, but given that some people may have done, do we want to
include any or all of the things that we previously shipped?

Struts 1.2.4 included the following in "contrib" (as well as Struts-el)

/artimus
/scaffold
/struts-chain
/struts-faces
/struts-jericho
/tag-doc
/workflow

For "el" I believe James did something "smart" in SVN so that when the
STRUTS_1_2_BRANCH is checked out it includes the "el" sub-project's
STRUTS_1_2_BRANCH - we would probably want something similar for any of the
remainder that we want to include?

I know some people have built stuff around struts-chain - so I think there
is a case for including that - from the sandbox  STRUTS_1_2_BRANCH -
anything else?

Niall