struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Fleischle, Samuel" <s.fleisc...@key-software.com>
Subject [HTML-Tags] Creating my own, inherited Tag-class
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:33:13 GMT
Hi all,

I want to add some special functions to the HTML- and HTML-EL-Tags.
For this reason, I created a subclass from a few tags e.g. ELSelectTag.java.

In this classes I add some additional code to the doStartTag() method. Now I
want to call some methods from the superclasses e.g. evaluateExpressions()
or calculateMatchValues() or anything else, but this methods are private.

Is there any possibility, to call these classes from my subclass?
Or any way, to change these methods in the struts-tags from private to
protected?

Thanks for your help,
Sam