struts-dev mailing list archives

From Vic <...@friendvu.com>
Subject Re: Blank Questions
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:44:03 GMT
I read this:
http://web1.2020media.com/j/jez/javanicuscom/megg/usage.html
and
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=942831&forum_id=305038

Step 1 is to create a sample project with one or 2 actions. I will start
on this (on the weekends) if no one else has an itch. (I'd rather work
on jdnc/sadra but I will help for old time sake: )
spec: struts 1.3 + serlvet 2.4, log4j1.3 ('cuase its a bit faster),
DynaMap as formModel + populate() method, no tiles?, DTO will be
Collections, fake DAO will be a factory (that is a big Spring plus that
it comes w/ one so people can relace impl), JSTL, Displaytag and put it
on sf.net, jUnit, ant, user chain, and just a list of "items" you click
to edit. I will make some effort to make user chain somewhat compatible
w/ Shale if possible/easy.
If something above strikes you as very odd, it could save time to know.

Step 1.5 is for people to agree that it does not have many bad parctices
and modify Victorisams. (As I said, no Struts projects out there are
alike, and I think that a plus)

Then step 2 is to make it more generic with $templates tags. That just
means figuring out  megg syntax.

(in general I advocate creating html mock ups; then a prototype specific
to mock up, then "form model".... not start coding utill later. When I
see problems on a proejct, its not becuase they laid it out wrong.)

So unless pinged otherwise, I will post itermitent builds on struts.sf.net.

.V

--
Forums, Boards, Blogs and News in RiA <http://www.boardVU.com>