struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: TLDs not included in maven build of struts-taglib jar
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:52:33 GMT
At 4:12 PM -0500 2/5/05, Bill Siggelkow wrote:
>Okay, the struts-taglib...jar now includes the TLD files. However,
>there is still an issue with the struts-mailreader application.
>Currently, it references the TLDs in the web.xml like this:
>
>   <taglib>
>     <taglib-uri>/tags/struts-bean</taglib-uri>
>     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
>   </taglib>
>
>However, since the tlds are now in the taglib jar we need to change
>how this works. One way would be to remove the taglib declarations;
>but this would require changing the JSPs to use the absolute URI.
>Optionally, you can specify a jar file in the taglib location;
>however, I do not know if you can refer to a specific TLD in that
>jar?

Although I don't think anyone has taken a firm step in this
direction, I believe we're all in consensus about shifting the
minimum specs for Struts 1.3 to Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2.  In so far as
that's true, then all containers should support the TLD autodiscovery
features, so I'd say we leave it out of the web.xml and use the
"official" URI from the TLD files.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska