struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Struts View
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:45:45 GMT
BenedictPA@aol.com wrote the following on 2/4/2005 9:59 PM:

> I've written a small test application with it too.

Do you have a demo app somewhere that I could look at or something
explaining in a more practical example of how it works? Thanks.

My only fear with these kind of proposed implementations is the time
factor. In other words, does the cost in learning how the elequent
solutions work pay off. For example, those comfortable with Struts could
relate to a suggestion like I proposed "Validate in your Action class
and make sure your view is always prepped there" vs possibly having to
learn a whole new procedure within Struts. I'm not saying we shouldn't
change Struts for the better to handle these sorts of problems, but the
cost of how much change is implemented needs to be weighed out.

--
Rick